Tuesday, January 2, 2024

When Nationalism Fuels Decentralization and Succession: Lessons from the Cold War


Recommended sermon: The Cold War, by Rev. Roger Higginson [Text: Matthew 24:12: "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold."]

This is a great sermon, but I really like the beginning of it where Rev. Higginson talks about the history behind the hymn, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing!

The following hymn is in the Public Domain:

1 Come, thou Fount of every blessing; tune my heart to sing thy grace; streams of mercy, never ceasing,
call for songs of loudest praise. Teach me some melodious sonnet, sung by flaming tongues above; praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it, mount of God’s unchanging love!

2 Here I raise my Ebenezer; hither by thy help I’m come; and I hope, by thy good pleasure, safely to arrive at home. Jesus sought me when a stranger, wandering from the fold of God; he, to rescue me from danger,
interposed his precious blood.

3 O to grace how great a debtor daily I’m constrained to be! Let that grace now, like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee. Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, prone to leave the God I love;  here’s my heart; O take and seal it; seal it for thy courts above.

Glory to God: the Presbyterian Hymnal (2003)

The Gospel of Drag Queens and Woke - Exporting Woke to Botswana and Hungary

  The Gospel of Drag Queens and Woke - Exporting Woke to Botswana and Hungary , by Pastor Kevin Swanson