Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Today in History - April 24

     A special thanks to Wikipedia.org for following historical information. The sermons I have chosen from Sermonaudio.com


1953Winston Churchill is knighted by Queen Elizabeth II.

Recommended reading:  Churchill Gets the Last Word on Islam - americanthinker.com

--------------------

The following lectures are by Dr. Peter Hammond:

  1. Darkest Hour - The Legend of Winston Churchill
  2. Was Winston Churchill Really the Greatest Briton of All Time?
The following quote was taken from - Churchill, Hitler and the Unnecessary War, by Patrick Buchanan:

"Churchill was exhilarated. Six months later, after the first battle of Ypres, with tens of thousands of British soldiers in their graves, he would say to Violet Asquith: 'I think a curse should rest on me - because I am so happy. I know this war is smashing and shattering the lives of thousands every moment and yet - I cannot help it - I enjoy every second.'" 

The following quote was taken from Dr. Peter Hammond: "Beware the victor's version. Wartime propaganda morphs into peacetime textbooks....think outside the box. Don't accept the official version. Ask why..." 

1990STS-31: The Hubble Space Telescope is launched from the Space Shuttle Discovery.

Recommended podcast: A Glimpse Into God's Glory, by John Neidlinger

My Picks from Sermonaudio for Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Transgendering and Women in Combat - Both an Abomination to God , by Pastor Kevin Swanson Biden Fell Apart at Debates , by Adam McManus of W...