Friday, May 10, 2024

Daily Bible Reading for Saturday & Sunday, May 11, 2024

The following Bible readings are taken from the website, Oneyearbibleonline.com. If you follow this reading plan you will read through the whole Bible in one year. I highly encourage you to do so. Also, the sermons below each section are ones that I have chosen from the website, Sermonaudio.com


Recommended sermons:
  1. King Saul, Was He Saved? by Rev. Colin Mercer [Text: I Samuel 10]
  2. Hiding Himself Among the Stuff, by Rev. Hans Overduin [Text: I Samuel 10]
  3. Bloody Stump in the Main? Another Warm and Fuzzy, Seeker Sensitive Sermon, by Rev. Stephen A. Chronister [text: I Samuel 11; Judges 19, 20, 21]
  4. The Undesired Place of Prayer, by Rev. Stephen Hamilton [Text: I Samuel 12]
  5. An Unlawful Sacrifice, by Rev. Calum Lain Macleod [Text: I Samuel 13:9]

The following sermons are on John 6:65: "And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father."
The Following sermons are on John 7:37: "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, if any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink."
  1. Drink for Thirsty Sinners, by Rev. John Greer
  2. The Desire for the Spirit, by Rev. Roger Higginson
  3. Jesus Proclaims Himself as the Fountain of Life, by L. W. Bilkes
  4. Satisfying the Thirsty Soul, by Rev. Calum Lain Macleod
  5. Jesus Invites Thirsty Jerusalem Worshippers, by Rev. Pieter VanderMeyden
  6. Drinking at the Springs of Living Water, by Rev. Gordon Dane
  7. An Invitation to Thirsting Souls, by Rev. Graeme Craig

Recommended sermons: 
  1. Burning Love, by Dr. Alan Cairns [Text: Psalm 107]
  2. Through God We Shall Do Valiantly, by Rev. Hans Overduin [Text: Psalm 60; Psalm 107]
  3. Through God We Shall Do Valiantly, by Rev. Hans Overduin [Text: Psalm 108]

    Here is a hymn based on Psalm 108: My heart is Fixed O God (Note: Here is a hymn sung to the same melody: I Love Thy Kingdom, Lord)

Recommended sermons: 
  1. The Eyes of the LORD, by Dr. Michal DeVries [Text: Proverbs 15]
  2. The Back Into the Favor Of God, by Rev. Lawrence J. Bilkes [Text: Proverbs 15]
  3. God the All-Seeing One, by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892) [Text: Proverbs 15]

News Roundup and Comment

  News Roundup and Comment , by Jim Schneider of Crosstalk America