Saturday, June 22, 2024

Justification of the Ungodly by Faith Alone

 Justification of the Ungodly by Faith Alone, by Dr. Joel Beeke

Excerpt from this sermon: "And I love the deathbed of Professor David Dixon, the great Puritan who wrote a wonderful commentary on the Psalms. Just as he was dying a friend asked him, and he says: 'Are you ready to die?' And he says, 'Yes. Absolutely!' And his friend says, 'Do you have anything you want to say?' He said, 'Yes. I've taken all my bad deeds and put them on a heap in a pile. And I've taken all my good deed deeds as well, and thrown them all on the same pile. And I've run away from that heap into the arms of Jesus who I can die with peace.'"

Sinners in the Hands of and Angry God, by Jonathan Edwards (1703-1758)

  Here is Jonathan Edward's most famous sermon: Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God                                                    ...