Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Today in History - November 15

   A special thanks to Wikipedia.com for following historical information. The sermons I have chosen from Sermonaudio.com

November 15

1864 - American Civil War: Union General William Tecumseh Sherman begins Sherman's March to the Sea (Source)

-------------------------------------------
Recommended reading:

"Churchill was exhilarated. Six months later, after the first battle of Ypres, with tens of thousands of British soldiers in their graves, he would say to Violet Asquith: 'I think a curse should rest on me - because I am so happy. I know this war is smashing and shattering the lives of thousands every moment and yet - I cannot help it - I enjoy every second.'" -  Churchill, Hitler and the Unnecessary War, by Patrick Buchanan

1943 - The Holocaust: German SS leader Heinrich Himmler orders that Gypsies are to be put "on the same level as Jews and placed in concentration camps"  (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

News Roundup and Comment

  News Roundup and Comment , by Jim Schneider of Crosstalk America