Monday, January 9, 2023

Daily Quotes for Tuesday, January 10, 2023

 "Moreover, if Satan cannot destroy a Christian, how often has he spoilt his usefulness? Many a believer has fallen, not to break his neck - that is impossible - but he has broken some important bone and he has gone limping to the grave." -  Satan Considering the Saints)

"That old truth that Calvin preached, that Augustine preached, that Paul preached, is the truth that I must preach today, or else be false to my conscience and my God. I cannot shape the truth; I know of no such thing as paring off the rough edges of doctrine. John Knox's gospel is my gospel. That which thundered through Scotland must thunder through England again." (posted on March 30, 2013; from Iain Murray's The Forgotten Spurgeon)

Our Nation Laid in God's Balance, by Dr. Joel Beeke

                                                                                       The text for this sermon is  Jeremiah 9:9 : "Sha...