Monday, October 16, 2023

Today in History - October 17

   A special thanks to Wikipedia.com for following historical information. The sermons I have chosen from Sermonaudio.com

1660 – The nine regicides who signed the death warrant of Charles I of England are hanged, drawn and quartered.

Recommended sermons and podcasts: 

Charles I and the Scotch-Irish, by Joe Morecraft III, Part 1,
Charles I: Tyrant and Oppressor, by Joe Morecraft III, Part 2,
Charles I: Tyrant and Revolutionary, by Joe Morecraft III, Part 3,
Charles I and the Westminster Assembly, by Joe Morecraft III, Part 4
Charles I and Oliver Cromwell, by Joe Morecraft III, Part 5

1931Al Capone is convicted of income tax evasion.

Recommended sermons and podcasts: If God Can Forgive Me, He Can Forgive You, by former mob boss Michael Franzese

Meet the Richest Men and Woman in the U.S., and the Rest of the Top 50 Women

  Ranking the 15 Richest Men in America (and Jeff Bezos is not #1) - msn.com Meet the Richest Woman in the U.S., and the Rest of the Top 50...