Now to God, Our Strength and Savior
Psalm 81: (To the chief Musician upon Gittith, A Psalm of Asaph.) "Sing aloud unto God our strength: make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob. Take a psalm, and bring hither the timbrel, the pleasant harp with the psaltery. Blow up the trumpet in the new moon, in the time appointed, on our solemn feast day. For this was a statute for Israel, and a law of the God of Jacob. This he ordained in Joseph for a testimony, when he went out through the land of Egypt: where I heard a language that I understood not. I removed his shoulder from the burden: his hands were delivered from the pots. Thou calledst in trouble, and I delivered thee; I answered thee in the secret place of thunder: I proved thee at the waters of Meribah. Selah. Hear, O my people, and I will testify unto thee: O Israel, if thou wilt hearken unto me; There shall no strange god be in thee; neither shalt thou worship any strange god. I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it. But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me. So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust: and they walked in their own counsels. Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways! I should soon have subdued their enemies, and turned my hand against their adversaries. The haters of the LORD should have submitted themselves unto him: but their time should have endured for ever. He should have fed them also with the finest of the wheat: and with honey out of the rock should I have satisfied thee."
Here is a sermon on Psalm 81: The Lord Calls His Covenant People to Be Filled, by Rev. Eric Moerdyk
Today in the News
- Today in the News - Friday, October 2, 2026
- Daily Bible Reading
- Daily Bible Verses
- Quotes
- Daily Catechism
- Today in History
- Daily Hymn Based on the Psalms
- From Sermonaudio.com
- Sermon for the Hearing Impaired
- Sermon in Spanish
- Sermon in Chinese
- Sermon in Hindi
- The Fourth Commandment
- Daily Sermon
- Daily Sermon on Calvinism
- Daily Podcast
National Day of Remembrance Will Mourn 66 Million Babies Killed in Abortions
National Day of Remembrance Will Mourn 66 Million Babies Killed in Abortions - lifenews.com --------------- Recommended reading: RFK Jr. co...
-
Jane Goodall Nature: Why Would God Create Two Trillion Galaxies? | Richard Feynman -------------------------------- I think Richard Feynman ...
-
National Day of Remembrance Will Mourn 66 Million Babies Killed in Abortions - lifenews.com -------------------------- Recommended reading:...
-
The New False Narrative of 9/11: How Institutions Are Rewriting the Deadliest Terrorist Attack in American History - israel365news.com --...