Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Today in History - January 17

      A special thanks to Wikipedia.com for following historical information. The sermons I have chosen from Sermonaudio.com

January 17:

1562 - France grants religious toleration to the Huguenots in the Edict of Saint-Germain (Source)
1595 - During the French Wars of Religion, Henry IV of France declares war on Spain (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:
1706 - Benjamin Franklin, American publisher, inventor, and politician is born (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts: Benjamin Franklin - America's Agrippa, by Pastor Charles Garrison

1648 - England's Long Parliament passes the "Vote of No Addresses", breaking off negotiations with King Charles I and thereby setting the scene for the second phase of the English Civil War (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:
  1. Charles I and the Scotch-Irish, by Joe Morecraft III, Part 1,
  2. Charles I: Tyrant and Oppressor, by Joe Morecraft III, Part 2,
  3. Charles I: Tyrant and Revolutionary, by Joe Morecraft III, Part 3,
  4. Charles I and the Westminster Assembly, by Joe Morecraft III, Part 4
  5. Charles I and Oliver Cromwell, by Joe Morecraft III, Part 5