Monday, June 17, 2024

Daily Bible Reading for Tuesday, June 18, 2024

 The following Bible readings are taken from the website, Oneyearbibleonline.com. If you follow this reading plan you will read through the whole Bible in one year. I highly encourage you to do so. Also, the sermons below each section are ones that I have chosen from the website, Sermonaudio.com


Recommended sermons: 
  1. Living Without Loneliness, by Rev. Gordon Dane [Text: I Kings 19; Psalm 102:1-7]
  2. The God of the Hills and the Valleys, by Rev. William McCrea [Text: I Kings 20]
  3. When Christian and State Collide, by Rev. Murdo A. N. Macleod [Text: I Kings 21]
The following sermons on I Kings 19:4: "But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree, and he requested for himself that he might die, and said, it is enough, now, O LORD, take away my life for I am not better than my fathers."
  1. When God's Servant Has Had Enough, by Rev. Noel Hughes
  2. Under the Tree - Elijah, Part 1, by Dr. John Douglass
  3. Under the Tree - Elijah, Part 2, by Dr. John Douglass
  4. Depression: The Answer, by Rev. William Macleod
  5. Elijah's Ups and Downs, by Rev. Calum Iain Macleod

Recommended sermon: Asleep on Death Row, by Rev. Steven Hamilton [Text: Acts 12]


Recommended sermon: The Song of Mercy, by Dr. Michal Barrett [Text: Psalm 136]

Here is a hymn based on Psalm 136: Give Thanks to God for Good is He

Proverbs 17:14 & 15

Recommended sermon: Love's Covering of Sin, by Prof. Barry Gritters [Text: Proverbs 17]

RC Sproul: Faith Alone - The Material Cause of the Reformation: God Alone with R.C. Sproul

Here are some quotes from the late RC Sproul (1939-2017): "While God-given, the conscience has certain limitations in its ability to di...