Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Cultural Literacy & the Bible for Wednesday, April 19, 2023

  I purchased a used copy of The Dictionary of Cultural Literacy from a thrift store today. I decided to use it for my blog - I'm going to randomly pick terms and then search for them on Sermonaudio to see what comes up. You can purchase this book through Amazon, although My Gospel Project has no connection with that or any other company.

The term for today is...

Jerry Falwell

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

  1. Jerry Falwell, the Moral Majority, and the 2008 Presidential Race, by Pastor Kevin Swanson (2007)
  2. Charles Finney: Hero of Jerry Falwell and Billy Graham, by Larry Wessels

RC Sproul: Faith Alone - The Material Cause of the Reformation: God Alone with R.C. Sproul

Here are some quotes from the late RC Sproul (1939-2017): "While God-given, the conscience has certain limitations in its ability to di...