Sunday, April 16, 2023

Cultural Literacy & the Bible for April 17, 2023

  I purchased a used copy of The Dictionary of Cultural Literacy from a thrift store today. I decided to use it for my blog - I'm going to randomly pick terms and then search for them on Sermonaudio to see what comes up. You can purchase this book through Amazon, although My Gospel Project has no connection with that or any other company.

The term for today is...

Belfast

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

  1. 1859 Revival in Ulster - and Belfast Ireland, by William Gibson
  2. Belfast Marathon and Sabbath Keeping, by Rev. Brian McClung [Text: Hebrew 4:9: "There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God."
  3. The Belfast Blitz - 75rh Anniversary, by Dr. Ian Brown [Text: Lamentations 1:12: "Is it nothing to you, all ye that pass by? behold, and see if there be any sorrow like unto my sorrow, which is done unto me, wherewith the LORD hath afflicted me in the day of his fierce anger."

The Gospel of Drag Queens and Woke - Exporting Woke to Botswana and Hungary

  The Gospel of Drag Queens and Woke - Exporting Woke to Botswana and Hungary , by Pastor Kevin Swanson